Worst excuses for driving too fast
Speed For Life has collected the top 10 execuses for being caught driving to fast in Northumbria over the past year:.
- I had passed out after seeing flashing lights, which I believed to be UFOs in the distance. The flash of the camera brought me round from my trance.
- I was in the airport's flight path and I believe the camera was triggered by a jet overhead, not my car
- I had a severe bout of diarrhoea and had to speed to a public toilet
- There was a strong wind behind my car which pushed me over the limit
- My friend had just chopped his fingers off and I was rushing the fingers to hospital
- The vibrations from the surfboard I had on the roof rack set off the camera
- I had to rush my dying hamster to the vets
- A violent sneeze caused a chain reaction where my foot pushed down harder on the accelerator
- There was a suspected case of foot and mouth and I had to rush to see the cow concerned
- The only way I could demonstrate my faulty clutch was to accelerate madly.